Carbon-neutral Port of Helsinki 2035
Targets and measures to achieve them:
A 25 per cent reduction in vessel emissions.
- Shore power capabilities for nine berths
- Making alternative fuels available at Helsinki ports
- The continued development of an environmental programme targeted at ships
A 60 per cent reduction in emissions from heavy goods vehicles.
- Minimising the use of transport vehicles at ports
- Introducing incentives to use low-emission vehicles
A 60 per cent reduction in emissions from work machines used in the harbour area.
- Enabling the electrification of work machine infrastructure
- Encouraging the use of biofuels
The Port of Helsinki should be carbon neutral in terms of its own emissions by 2035.
- Minimising the Port’s energy consumption by modernising heating, installing LED lighting, and increasing the use of solar panels
- Acquiring necessary energy from carbon-free sources
- Helping to lower subcontractors’ carbon footprints via procurement